It’s been a little over a year since I started posting random 10’s on Fridays. In 53 weeks since the first post, I posted 50 lists. The question isn’t which band has shown up the most, the question is how many more Nine Inch Nails songs have there been than any others.
First this weeks Random 10
- One More Time – Korn – Untouchables
- Stay – Onesidezero – (self-titled)
- For All the Sin – Nothingface – Violence
- A Story at Three – AFI – The Art of Drowning
- N.I.B. – Black Sabbath – (self-titled)
- Electric Red – Meshuggah – ObZen
- One Inch Man – Kyuss – And the Circus Leaves Town
- Rushmore – Erik Friedlander – Block Ice and Propane
- Tangerine – Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin III
- Just a Taste – Fiona Apple – Tidal
Clearly the only way to finish off a list that started with that loud of a half hour was Fiona Apple.
Of the 500 songs (not counting today’s) that showed up in random 10’s last year, 30 were by Nine Inch Nails. The rest of the most common artists below.
- Nine Inch Nails (30, none of those showed up twice – I think I may have too many NIN songs…)
- Nirvana (28)
- Foo Fighters (23)
- Led Zeppelin (21)
- Tool (19)
- System of a Down (18)
- Dredg (18)
- The Offspring (18)
- Rage Against the Machine (15)
- AFI (10)
- Neil Young (10)
There were 459 different songs in those 50 lists, with 37 showing up twice and only two accomplished the three-peat (Curmudgeon by Nirvana and Enough Space by Foo Fighters – my iPod loves Dave Grohl).
This been another installment of pointless facts. Hope you enjoyed them.