10 books I’m looking to read in the coming year:
- The Machine by Joe Posnanski
Anybody who follows baseball on the internet knows Posnanski, and his first book about Buck O’Neill was awesome, and I’m really excited to read this one.
- The Gathering Storm by Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan
With 12 books and more than 9,000 pages, one would hope that there would be an end in sight for the Wheel of Time series. This is the first of a three part finale to the fantasy epic that I started reading in high school. I’ve started at the beginning of the series to refresh my memories and I anticipate finishing the new book sometime in this decade.
- Liberation by Brian Francis Slattery
Been looking for this book for awhile, and finally my darling wife procured me a copy. It’s sitting on the bedside table, and once it works its way to the top, we’ll knock this one out.
- Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli
Supposedly this is a really great graphic novel. Looking forward to it.
- To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
Recommended to me as being similar to The Hitchhiker’s Guide trilogy. That’s one that will get me every time.
- Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
Sci-fi short stories? Yes, please. Highly recommended to me.
- Absurdistan by Gary Shteyngart
Keep running into this book on my recommended list, seems kind of interesting.
- The Rest is Noise by Alex Ross
A critic’s look at twentieth century classical music, something I’ve found myself very interested in recently.
- Interrogative Mood by Padgett Powell
An entire novel written with only questions, might be too out-there for me, but it caught my eye.
- The Strange Hours Travelers Keep by August Kleinzahler
One poetry book. To be read when the mood strikes me.
What are you looking forward to reading this year?