- 3 Libras – A Perfect Circle – Mer de Noms
- Time and Time Again – Counting Crows – August and Everything After
- Safely Forgotten – Onesidezero – (self-titled)
- Dumb – Nirvana – Live at Reading
- Coral del Arrecife – Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – Oceana (O. Golijov)
- Soldier’s Daughter – Tonic – Lemon Parade
- Don’t Fake This – Chevelle – Wonder What’s Next
- The Nurse Who Loved Me – A Perfect Circle – Thirteenth Step
- Beskhu3epnm – Aphex Twin – Drukqs
- It Overtakes Me / The Stars Are So Big … I Am So Small … Do I Stand a Chance? – The Flaming Lips – At War with the Mystics
Random 10 Fiction
The drugs are wearing off again. Groggily I lift my head and see the letter resting at the foot of the bed. The seal depicting 3 libras on the envelope leaves me speechless. Time and time again, I had wondered whether she would find me or if I was safely forgotten. This letter just showed how dumb that wish was. Inside the envelope is a photograph of the Coral del Arrecife in the Carribean. That’s where I will find her. She is a true soldier’s daughter, she can’t leave me behind, no matter how much she wants to.
Now I have to get out of this hospital. I’d prefer to wait until I get better, but if I don’t fake this recovery tonight, I may never leave. By a stroke of luck, the one that answers the call button is the nurse who loved me. Any hope I have of convincing her to let me just walk out is quickly dashed.
“How are you feeling tonight? Let’s see if you’re improving. Can you recite the alphabet?” she asks.
“B..e..s..k..h..u..3..e..p..n..m..yellow..g..sigma..” I give up sheepishly, I know that’s not right.
“That’s better. You’re getting there.” She tries to soothe me, but the impossibility of me finding my girl hits me then. My disappointment is crushing. As I look out the window, almost it overtakes me.
The stars are so big.
I am so small.
Do I stand a chance?