- Matt Haimovitz – Sonata for Violoncello Solo Part One (Ligeti) – Goulash!
- Nine Inch Nails – Letting You – The Slip
- Nirvana – In Bloom – Nevermind
- Nirvana – Scentless Apprentice – With the Lights Out
- Dredg – The Ornament – Live at the Fillmore
- Tool – Hooker with a Penis – Aenima
- Wendy Sutter – Tissue No. 7 (Glass) – Songs and Poems for Solo ‘Cello
- Pink Floyd – In the Flesh – The Wall
- Stabbing Westward – Save Yourself – Darkest Days
- Jimi Hendrix Experience – Highway Chile – Are You Experienced?
Outside the insects danced, their movements prescribed by some sonata only they could hear. I couldn’t shake the feeling that letting you outside into the fully in bloom summer idyll was a mistake. On the other hand, opening a window would allow the flowers to make their presence felt in a house that was currently scentless. Apprentice Marvin had worked all night to get the room to this antiseptic state, but it didn’t agree with me. I opened the windows with a flourish. You made your break immediately, knocking over the ornament on the sill. The cunicularial fertility idol (impishly dubbed ‘the hooker with a penis‘ by my more juvenile co-workers) lay in pieces on the floor. Distracted by trying to get every last piece, I was filling up tissue no. 7 with shards when you surprised me by reappearing in the window. Of course, as a dutiful feline, you had brought me a present. The rabbit lay there dead with your teeth marks in the flesh of its neck. In five minutes of hunting you had absolutely screwed the entire experiment. I only hoped the other rabbits hadn’t noticed one of their number missing. I felt those hopes die even before they finished crossing my mind, just outside the window a forest of tiny pitchforks was moving through the yard toward us. Sensing the danger, you leapt from the window and tried to outrun the fuzzy mob. They gave you a good chase, but you were able to save yourself by climbing a tree. You worked your way over to the roof, and, with a little coaxing, down through the sunroof of the van, while our furrious antagonists attemted to pick the lock of the driver’s side door. After tampering with a million-dollar study by tousling these hares, it was time for the two of us to hit the highway. Chile is supposed to be wonderful this time of year (not to mention free of revenge-crazed hyperintelligent rabbits).